Monday, May 12, 2014

Books that I want to Re-Read #1

The other day I was gazing as my bookshelf (which is a daily ritual; I may be a bit, just a bit in love with them.) and I was thinking that there are many book that I want to re-experience because I enjoyed and I feel like its been a while so, I need to re-freshen my memory because when you read so many books, its hard to remember everything about every book. At least its not the case with my brain, it lets go of information in order to store new ones, which sucks.

Therefore, I picked a few that I surely do want to read sometime soon. But, I don't know if this is an issue for you dear reader; it surely is to me, I do not have time to re-read books. There are so many other books that I want to read and start. I remember last summer I had to wait for an order I placed and I didn't have any new books to read. I felt very out of place and as if I was naked without a new book to dive into. After spending some time sighing about it, I decided to pick up my absolute favorite book (I love a lot of books, but this one hold a very special place in my heart and every single limb that's inside of me, moving on..) The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman, I did not regret re-reading it. It was amazing and reading it for the second time made me even love it more. I am sure this will be a book that I would always go back to and read annually. Anyways, so now I am thinking, what if it is the same case with all the other books that I really enjoyed? This is the reason I chose to do this post. I hope I would read at least two of these books by the end of 2014 because I also want to read all those other books, so I am only trying to be reasonable.

 Credits to my sister since she took the photos. 



 I do not know why I have this special bond with this book. I love how its written as letters, the tone of the novel just appeals me very much and of course, Charlie.



 This book is absolutely beautiful in every aspect. Its also about books which is a major plus. I've read all the three related books and I think this is my favorite out of them. I really want to re-experience it again.


 This is another book that I have this bond with. I don't know why. I've read it a while back, so I want to see my attitude towards it now that I'm a bit older.


 I love Sylvia Plath. I have to urge to dive back into this book and re-experience it which is why I have to re-read it again.


 Here is another book with a very special bond. I think this book made me fall in love with literature and all the literary techniques. To me, its flawless. 


This is a beautiful book, with such a fresh tone that I cannot find in any other books I've read. It has this special thing that I can't really place my finger on. However, I do feel like it lacks something which is why I want to read it again and see how I feel this time. 

There are many other books which is the reason this post is only #1. The reason is many of the books I've read that I want to re-read I do not own. I borrowed them and fell in love with them and so I need to buy them so that I can read them again. Once I buy them, or decide to make another one then, I surely will make #2.

Please let me know if you want me to make any particular post in the comment section below, I would love to get some new ideas. :-)

Until next-time,
Alya

No comments:

Post a Comment