Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cacao Cupcakes and Dutch Waffles

I have been doing a lot of cooking lately. This is turning into a food blog. Just now I emerged out of the kitchen after helping my mum for 2.5 hours because we will have heaps of guests tonight. My mum made a feast. I'm very proud of her. 

I made the soup and salad since easy food is my specialty. The salad is nothing special-It just occurred to me, I will hopefully take pictures of everything and post it. Who doesn't love looking at food? Therefore I will stop talking about what food had been made. You get to peer into the great food my mum puts in my belly. 

A couple of days back I went into the kitchen to make salad and I still had time until we ate. So I decided to make extra chocolaty cupcakes and cake. I had cute mini cake pans that I used as well. I only made a small amount because it was for trial, I wasn't sure how good will it be. The guide recipe is from here. I did add more things so I will list the ingredients.




  • 1 1/2 cup (192 grams) flour
  • 1 cup (201 grams) sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon (7 grams) salt
  • 1 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
  • 3 tablespoons (43 grams) cocoa
  • 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vinegar
  • 6 tablespoons (90 ml) oil
  • 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence or 2 tsp. (2ml) vanilla extract (optional)
  • 1 cup (200 ml) water
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 table spoons of coffee
  • as much as you want of the Hershey chocolate chips 
  • as much as you want of butter-scotch chips 
It turned out very delicious and moist. I need to make more soon. I'm glad my sisters have been enjoying my baking as well. I have a few more ideas and inspiration, if they do not turn into an epic failure then stay tuned I will post the recipes. 
 

  These are the mini cakes from the little pans. 

I also came across the other day those Dutch Waffles, I never knew we had them here in Bahrain. But I spotted some in Caribou and I had to snatch it. If you do not know the best way to eat it, you just make a hot cup of tea or coffee - whatever you prefer - and you pop the waffles on top while its still hot. Then it would melt and you can eat it with you hot drink. yuummm I wish I had one right now. 


Love,
Alya

No comments:

Post a Comment