I made the soup and salad since easy food is my specialty. The salad is nothing special-It just occurred to me, I will hopefully take pictures of everything and post it. Who doesn't love looking at food? Therefore I will stop talking about what food had been made. You get to peer into the great food my mum puts in my belly.
A couple of days back I went into the kitchen to make salad and I still had time until we ate. So I decided to make extra chocolaty cupcakes and cake. I had cute mini cake pans that I used as well. I only made a small amount because it was for trial, I wasn't sure how good will it be. The guide recipe is from here. I did add more things so I will list the ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cup (192 grams) flour
- 1 cup (201 grams) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (7 grams) salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 3 tablespoons (43 grams) cocoa
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vinegar
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla essence or 2 tsp. (2ml) vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup (200 ml) water
- 2 eggs
- 3 table spoons of coffee
- as much as you want of the Hershey chocolate chips
- as much as you want of butter-scotch chips
These are the mini cakes from the little pans.
I also came across the other day those Dutch Waffles, I never knew we had them here in Bahrain. But I spotted some in Caribou and I had to snatch it. If you do not know the best way to eat it, you just make a hot cup of tea or coffee - whatever you prefer - and you pop the waffles on top while its still hot. Then it would melt and you can eat it with you hot drink. yuummm I wish I had one right now.