Saturday, August 2, 2014

Raw Chocolate

I was thinking the other day of a way to make healthier chocolate at home, so I would feel less guilty eating them. When I searched online I found many recipes, most of them were super easy that is why I gave it a try. You'll only need three things:
  • 1/4 cup of Coconut oil
  • 5 table spoons (it depends on how sweet you want it, I use 5) of Honey/Maple Syrup/ Agave or whatever else to sweeten it
  • 2/3 cup of Cocoa Powder
What you have to do is heat the coconut oil on very low heat until the chunks dissolve. Then add both the honey and cocoa. Use a whisker to whisk everything together as it makes it a heaps easier. Pour it onto whatever molds you choose and pop it into the fridge for 10-15 minutes. It depends on how deep your mold is, but it does not take long. Of course you can add nuts or what you want to increase the variety. And voila!





They do melt in your fingers once out of the fridge, but I do not mind that. I like the texture of the chocolate. Also do not overheat the coconut oil otherwise it will have a funny texture to it. 

I did do different flavor ones. In the broken chunks I added mint oil and it tastes really good, minty dark chocolate. In the round one I added some lightly crushed almonds. And the chocolate chunks I left it with nothing more. This way you get different flavors, but they are all so good. 

Until next time,
Alya

No comments:

Post a Comment